It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:21 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: Cyma RPK Midcap
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:09 pm 
Praporshik

Since the Cyma RPK74 midcap was such a success, I decided to try out the RPK (7.62x39 extended) mag.

It has a real metal body. Not steel, pretty sure. The Real Sword mags are the ones that are actual steel. The G&P ones might be steel, not sure. It has not trades on it. Has some weight to it.

This has the same concave follower as the RPK74 magazine. It was able to feed 100% of the BBs loaded into it. I have tried loading it twice so far. By my count I got 174 and 175 in.

So that means that the advertised capacity of 110 is false. As I had suspected all along. It is a little bit disappointing that it is not 200 just like the 5.45x39 counterpart. But at the same time it is more milsim that it has less. That is because the real steel counter parts, the 5.45 extended mag holds 45 rounds and the 7.62 extended mag holds 40 rounds. I guess this can justify the difference in capacity. And it is still more than the 150 round capacity of the standard lenght 7.62 magazines. And feeds better.

I'm happy with my purchase!

With two successful Cyma midcaps in a row, I am tempted to try out their black 5.45x39 standard midcaps! I bought both of these extended mags from TigerHK (almost a year apart), so I will purchase my next experimental mag from them.

Report this post

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:21 pm