It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:44 am
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: Saiga 7.62 project
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 pm 
Ryadovoi

For my own interest and for the armed civilian impression on the airsoft games I started creating a Saiga rifle from a Chinese AK that I got on a good deal from ebay and some RS Saiga parts.
So far:
Chinese Double Eagle AK turned out to be a cheap 80% plastic older type plastic gearbox AK. Now I see why the price of it new out of the box was the same or lower than most of the Boneyard Aks on many airsoft online stores. Should have followed Shultz's advice and take the second DBoys (the AK-74M with flat receiver cover and solid folding stock) which would make 80%of the parts match and look like RS Saiga. My issue was to install a Galil Stock on it so make it fold to the right, so I can keep the optics on the rail without removing them every time I want to fold a stock. The price difference was $40.00 so as they say "the greedy pays twice". =)
As for RS Saiga parts I got: front grip, gas tube and a flash-hider that I have not installed yet.
The airsoft gun is based on Type 3 pre-AKM receiver with tilted back, flat cover and plastic RIS system, which is made from better stronger plastic than the whole gun.
- Challenge:
* to fit Saiga grip on this platform without cutting the grip. (it fits fine a Dboys receiver - Schultz you were right once again!)
* to fit the flash hider. On this gun I will need to get a metal front sight with a threaded end.
P.S. Still thinking on ordering a Dboys AK-74M or getting a good used one and selling this one as parts on Ebay. =)

Attachments:
Saiga7.jpg
Saiga7.jpg [ 58.73 KiB | Viewed 1409 times ]
Saiga3.jpg
Saiga3.jpg [ 53.32 KiB | Viewed 1409 times ]

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:44 am