It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 am
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: shut your butt hole!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:03 pm 
Praporshik

For those of you who own a KLMK, you need to close up your tactical butt flap!

Real soldaty did it. No reason you shouldn't. Its only held closed by 3 buttons. Those buttons aren't the sturdiest. And even so, the parts n between tend to sag and make you look sloppy.

I sewed up the one on my frist KLMK years ago. And today, I sewed up the one on my new one. I didn't have time to sew up Donnies. So he will have to do it himself. As will ElChulo and Brooklyn!

Before sewing it shut

After sewing it shut

There is a seam that runs along the top of the flap, you can use that as your guideline for where your need work should go. There is also a seam above the flap, which I used as a reference to make sure I was sewing the flap straight. I made sure that I kept the two seams parallel to each other. Alternatively, you can pin the flap along the intended route, to keep things from moving out of place and getting a crooked result.

That is the most basic way of closing the butt flap. leave the sides open, because that way you maintain the ability to access the pockets of your pants through the KLMK. You can increase the hold of the flap to the rest of the suit by sewing along the seem just below the one you just sewed. So you get a better hold beacuse it will be like a rectangle holding the flap on, instead of just one line.

We've all seen how bad DeReK looks like in his KLMK, don't be like him. I'm looking at you DonChulo, ElChulo and Brooklyn. I hate seeing you shirts and drawers peeking out from the butt flap!
:bad:

Its really not that much work, and its definitely work the effort, because the result looks much better.

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 am