It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:50 am
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: Repairing, replacements and improvements
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:50 pm 
DOSAAF

I have no idea of how to take apart my Dboys-kalsh aks-74. Is there website that tells you how to take it apart? What improvements could a person without any airsoft modification skills do? Any website link or help would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:17 pm 
Retired

Uhm most of the external parts you can take off without any help just fooling around with it. I know you can

- Remove bolt
- Take front grips off
- Remove flash hider (Turn it really really really really hard...)
- Selector switch just turn it with your hand

without any tools

all i can remember atm.

Last edited by Cubeman on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 pm 
DOSAAF

What kind of tools for the internals?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:30 pm 
Retired

Gotta wait for someone else with it or there VFC here to post about that. I never took mines down to the internals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:28 am 
Retired

Also,

Ebaybanned.com for steel replacement parts and wood handguards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:39 am 
Praporshik

Luckily Kalash is based off of a VFC design. Its relatively easy to get to the internals.

Taking off the pistol grip is easy. Unscrew the only screw, and pull.

Removing the selector plate is easy. If loose, can use fingers, if not loose, use pliers to uncrew the cap. The cap is the actual screw. When re-assembling it, best to use a medium or weak (blue) lock-tight solution. Vibrations tend to shake the screws loose on AKs and people loose their screws and/or selector plates. Happened to me twice on my RPK.

Taking off furniture, just like on the real rifle, but easier. Lever on the right side of the sight block, flip it up. Allows for removal of gas tube. Lifting from the rear of it, push it up, pivoting on the gas block (not straight up). The gas tube can further be pulled apart to remove the furniture. The lower grip can be taken off by first removing the cleaning rod, just pull down and away. Then there is a little lever inside the lower front retainer on the right side. Flip it to the outside/forward position. That will relieve the tension and can be moved so the lower grip can be taken off.

The entire front section of the rifle can be removed. I don't really recommend this. You need a hammer and a nail or other narrow hard object. Under the sight block you will find a large circular protrusion. That is a pin. Hammer it out. Then pull the front of the AK out of the receiver.

Removing the bolt. First push forward the metal rod that goes into the locking numb for the dust cover. Turn the rod, and pull it out with the spring backwards. Then slide the bolt back along the inside of the receiver until the end, and pull it up.

Between the hop unit and the sight block section of the receiver is an 'L' shaped piece of plastic, just pop it out, or if loose enough, pull it out with fingers. That allows for the hop to be pushed forward, giving enough room for the nozzle of he gear box (GB) to be moved.

When removing the GB, do it with the left side of the gun laying down. The side that the stock folds to. The one with the optics rail. While holding the hop forward, ease the GB out of the body. There are a couple of external gears used by the selector plate. So when removing it, it has to be on that side, or the parts will fall out when GB is removed.

Removing the hop unit and inner barrel. The inner barrel is locked into the hop unit. I've only removed the hop unit from my VFC once. The GB had to be removed, so that the hop could be slid backwards into the body, and then angled out and removed. BUT, it might be possible to remove this if the front assembly is removed.

What to replace on a Kalash? Not much. Make sure you really clean out he inner barrel when you get it. Make sure the screws are tight. Charlie's selector plate came very loose. Don't over tighten anything on the kalash, you are likely to break it. The thing I constantly hear about being replaced is the hop rubber and bucking. I believe that is sold as a set.

To remove the inner barrel from the hop unit, you have to have access to the bottom of the hop. There is a angular looking 'C' shaped piece that you can snap/pull off (downward) and then you will be able to pull the barrel forward out of it. When you pull it out, you risk loosing the little nub of the bucking. The bucking will be attached to the end of the inner barrel. That can be just pulled off.

Don't rush to do any upgrades. After cleaning her and tightening her, field her. Try to find your sweet spot with your hop. For me its around setting 5. You might find that she needs no upgrades at all. Reassembly is never fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm 
DOSAAF

What upgrades should I get for the kalash?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:40 pm 
Retired

replace no brand motor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:21 pm 
Praporshik

Replacing the motor is one of the more expensive replacement items. I don't think its mandatory. But it can make your AEG more battery efficient with a torque motor, or improve ROF with high speed motor. Since the Kalash has a large battery compartment and you can fit a G&P 9.6v 2200mAh battery, I don't think either motor are really necessary.

But seeing as how Cubesky's Kalash hop had to be dailed up to 10 to shoot the same way my VFC hop works on 6, you should consider replacing the hop rubber. I think any of the major brands are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:25 pm 
Retired

not 10 it was 9 D:<

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:50 am