It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Propaganda
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 am 
DOSAAF

I think to this should be philosophically:
today photographer bad - another day hi'll be a master)))
But PKM is realy cool device. I realy glad that you have it :cool:
As i knew, Ukranian airsofters have some PKMs too, moreover it's too converted from reals - its so pity that is not plants in China's :cry:

882-d a separate battalion, 810-th "Of a name of the 60th anniversary of the formation of the USSR" separate brigade of marine infantry the black sea naval fleet USSR.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:27 am 
Praporshik

Well, I personally don't have it. Its way in the center of USA with its owner and the caretaker of the 2nd one. They were issued to use to use during Op: East Wind. And they were the kings of the battlefield!

I look forward to a mass-produced PKM also. There was one in the design stages before they did raids on the Chinese factories. The RPK suffered from the raid too, but it was resurrected, so maybe the PKM will be resurrected as well. But even if it is, I just don't have the room for such a (beautiful) monster.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 am 
DOSAAF

Oh yea))))
I can posted some photo with Ukranian airsoft PKM. The photo isn't my, but it's realy wery nice.
May I?

882-d a separate battalion, 810-th "Of a name of the 60th anniversary of the formation of the USSR" separate brigade of marine infantry the black sea naval fleet USSR.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 am 
Praporshik

As long as everything is its appropriate feel free to post all that is good!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:48 am 
DOSAAF

Well, here we go

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:26 am 
Ryadovoi

Some mock-up BadBlood 2013 propaganda. Please critique.

<redacted>

Last edited by Sonic on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:03 pm 
Praporshik

Did you not use img tags on purpose?

I like the first one. Though, instead of Russian I would use French. And instead of the Spanish part, I would put something about how 'the Communist struggle against imperialism is an international struggle, you do not stand alone!' Or something to that effect, tying into the collection of different nationals in that image.

I like the 2nd one. The one with the RPD. However, it's not really on point. Though, I'd love to replicate it in our Afghan kits and/or PAVN kits. RPK instead of the RPD. And touch it up to make it a bit more vague, and give it a more meaningful message beyond "alert!"

I love the simplicity of the the 3rd one. But again, instead of Russian, use French. That is the primary language spoken in the DRC and harks back to classic Communist dogma and that French was the international language. And Communism was the internationalist struggle.

The 4th one is totally off point.

The photo Schultz and I were referring to earlier with propaganda potential from the previous Bad Blood was this one
Maybe something along the lines of "Marxists hold the line, The Peoples line!" or "vigilance and team work, the only way to keep the imperialists out of The Congo, The Marxists way, The Peoples way!"

I also this has some potential. Mess with the sepia and saturation to give it that pastel softness of the propaganda flavor, but also highlight the star on Scar's cockade and DonChulo's belt buckle.
(is this image displaying or just says "image" in it's place?)
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x41 ... ropped.jpg

"Vigilance, Camaraderie, and the AK, that will keep the imperialists at bay"

"Peace and Kisses, the purely defensive peoples army stand for peace and love"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 pm 
Ryadovoi

Gotcha. I didn't use img tags because I didn't know how big they would show up on screen. If I find myself with freetime tomorrow, I'll revamp them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 pm 
Praporshik

Dang, while you posted I was editing my earlier reply.
Scroll up!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 am 
Ryadovoi

Thanks to Comrade Spank's insightful critique, I've made a few new potential posters.

And to have a little fun recruiting on NYCAirsoft...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 pm 
Praporshik

On the "hold the line" poster, could you bring it more out, to include ElChulo in the frame. Being more people to the side of the position actually make it seem like there might be a line to hold. Though it might create more dead space by framing it out larger. But that space might be used for the French slogans, and some Party banners or flags to bring it back to the point that we are the Congolese Marxists. In the NYCAS Marxist planning section I ended up coming up with different apparati of The Party and official mantra of the group.

On the "vigilance" one, is it possible to have it less grainy? Doesn't have to be super clear, just more clear. Less played out cheap VHS still and more colorized B+W photo-like.

On the "the way" one, I like it, but maybe a different slogan/phrase is in order.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am 
Ryadovoi

Thanks again, Comrade Spank.
I've revised the images and had a little fun. Please give me your feedback on this latest batch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:23 pm 
Praporshik

Now we're cooking with fire.

"hold the line" could we make ElChulo a little more clear? More clarity so he is more recognizable as a human on first glance. And would it be possible to inset the flag behind Schultz, in the top right corner? Maybe give it a wave...Maybe better with out the waving... But use it more of a background space filler, less of a sticker. Perhaps, create a small banner (red space with gold letters "Join The Peoples Front"). Either put that in place of that flag where it is now, or on the pile of wood, between the SVD and "the peoples line" leaving Schult's dramatic pose uninterrupted.

"vigilance" (spell check!)
To balance out this, something has to go on the right side of ElChulo's head. Perhaps the same banner I described above. Or like the lower version, have the flag semi transparent but inset behind and under ElChulo. Larger size, so that it takes up most of that triangle created by his back and the edges of the frame. In that case put the earlier mentioned banner in the right bottom corner, in the frame created by the edges of the lower banner, right side, and Scar's AK. Instead of using a filter for the top and bottom banners, perhaps just use monochrome blocks. Will be easier on the eyes to read the messages there.

"the...way"
Maybe that should be changed up to something along the lines of "stand up and be counted" or "rise up and defend the mother land" or just "The Marxists want you"
With DonChulo standing at full height and Scar looking like he might be getting up, makes me feel that something about dramatic rising/standing is in order.

"kisses"
My middle finger needs to be fixed. Its too exposed/burnt out, where it disappears into the background. It should be more distinct, or it has no effect as a peace sign. And if that guy must be behind me, make him smiling. Warp a smile on to his face. This is supposed to be a happy poster! Perhaps this needs some more filters. It doesn't inspire exactly warm feelings in red on B&W. Perhaps give the lettering golden trim. And a filter for the background. Which would make my peace sign more distinct. And maybe a 3rd, warmer filter for that guy on the left. Maybe a light but subdued green for the main background filter, and a light brown filter for the guy.

FYI:
The official slogan/motto used by The Party for this game is:
Liberating The Congo from the hands of the imperialists, war mongers, and usurpers of the peoples motherland.

And the official name of The Party is:
Le Parti Révolutionnaire Populaire de la République Démocratique du Congo
The Revolutionary Peoples Party of the Democratic Republic of Congo

Adding these to the posters would make them more legit Party tools.

In most cases, where French is used, in smaller print should be English translations. The main exception would be The Party name. Looks better in French and isn't pertinent to the message of the airsoft readers.
The other exceptions would be:
1) if it creates too much clutter. Then just have the English message posted under or over the graphic in the forum post.
2) posters intended to be printed for use in the field. That way the posters look more legit when we put them in the field. So either have a 2nd version of only French or when we decide on which ones to print, we will make those French only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm 
Ryadovoi

Sounds good. I'll work on them this long weekend. If you have hi-res of the original OP photos, that would be best. It's hard to improve upon an already not-so-great photo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:44 pm 
Praporshik

Lucky ducks with your long weekends!
This Monday I shall be striving to smash quotas in The Office.

Send me a text this evening or Saturday about the photos. I should have their originals on my external HDD probably...most likely...hopefully weren't on the computer that broke down...

I want us to have one piece of propaganda in the main thread for the game per thread page. My first post is only on page 10, with your permission I can put something in your post on page 1. I'm an admin on the NYCAS forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm