It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:00 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: An idea of what VDV GRU are like
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:39 pm 
Praporshik

Here you can see a fan made music video dedicated to VDV. Some of them are GRU.

Over all its a video to get you pumped about the impression we are trying to create.
Desanty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:22 pm 
Reservist

rutube. ha.

i saw a couple grenadiers with hardstocks. whats the deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:16 pm 
Praporshik

maybe they were AK74Ms

Post subject: Re: An idea of what VDV GRU are like
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:39 pm 
Praporshik

Here is a documentary on Russian VDV Razvetchiki (Airborne Recon), which is the type of units TSSR is trying to imitate. In an honorable way, of course. So this would make for good study material for building a contemporary impression, and get an idea of what they do.

This is in Russian. So for those of you who don't speak Russian, feel free to ask questions. Just make sure you make reference to a specific scene by the minute marker. The narrative of this documentary is non-linear. It cuts between various exercises, interviews and breakdowns of the situation through out the program.

There is a section in the first part where they go over what a razvetchik would have in his kit. I might have posted that before, but might as well post it again. Covers what goes in the razgruzka (load-bearing gear) and in the ruck.

The first section is the show's intro. About the best of the best of various nations across history, and how VDV Razvetchiki are the best of the best of modern Russia. It then goes into a little about guys training for their first jumps, cutting back to jumping periodically through out the first video. Cuts between the jumpers and the razvetchiki.

It covers the complete heavy load out for them. And then it shows them actually shows them deployed on an exercise mission. During the exercise they seem to be in a light load out since I don't see helmets and I don't think I see any body armor. Also, I don't think I saw anyone carrying a PKM. A Pecheng is liberated from the enemy later on.

Part 1
http://www.tvzvezda.ru/schedule/documen ... 5-y0wd.htm

In part 2, at about 07:35 you get a quick break down of modern Russian field rations. Something that has been discussed in other threads.

Part 2
http://www.tvzvezda.ru/schedule/documen ... 2-cxux.htm

In part 3, the recon group finds an enemy camp with a captive friendly pilot. They were not expecting this. They end up having to do an ambush to rescue the pilot and then make egress. You also get to see what its like for them back at the barracks. Interesting how they store sewing kit inside their berets.

Part 3
http://www.tvzvezda.ru/schedule/documen ... 6-brwl.htm

The final part, part 4, doesn't pick up after the razvetchiki are ambushed until the 04:05 minute mark. They are ambushed 3 hours march before their egress pick-up point.
Part 4
http://www.tvzvezda.ru/schedule/documen ... 3-2c56.htm

The light loadouts are easy to replicate, and their missions are doable during airsoft operations (not skirmishes, for obvious reasons).

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:00 pm