It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:00 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: Act the Part
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 am 
Praporshik

One has to understand that when joining a team, they are relinquishing some aspects of individuality. Once you are on the team, your actions reflect back on the entire team. This refers to your actions on and off the field. Including your inaction.

First and foremost, airsoft is a game of honor. This is a game, so we don't take it too seriously. What does that mean :?: It means we are all here voluntarily and we all want to have a good time. And to maintain the honor system and spirit of the game, we refrain from saying and doing certain things that would cause us to stray from it.

But we are still a team with a structure and protocols. I try to make everything fair and practical. So please read all Stickies, Announcements and Messages I send out. This is a game, not the real army, some things will be put to democratic vote and debate. Which is still partially in character to Soviet tradition of consumal :wink: Some things will be decreed and not open to debate. As a member of a team you are expected to fall in line with your leader's decisions.

TSSR is not like most of the other airsoft teams in the area. We actually have a theme going on. While we are not trying to represent a specific real world unit, we do try to show respect to the real soldiers that we build our impressions off of. When you do it sloppy and unrealistically, it is insulting towards the real soldiers. The internet has made the world a much smaller place. So don't even try to pretend that some real Russian soldiers haven't seen some of our pictures.

This team is my personal project. I started it with FataFan in the Summer of 2007. Since then the roster has swelled and atrophied. Unfortunately that is the natural process in airsoft in our region. To decrease the chances of turnover we need people who are the right fit. Our recruits should have a serious interest in the Russian theme. Not someone that has to be converted or introduced to it. It has to be something the players is naturally interested in. People that have to go through a long onboarding/indoctrination process are usually not good fits.

Recruits should read all Stickies and Announcements. They are there for a reason :!: Get acquainted with how we do things around here first. It will make things a lot smoother and easier on all of us. Ask questions. Ask lots of questions! But make sure you ask them in the right places and that they haven't already been asked and answered. Hit the field with us! This is far more important than what guns and kit you can buy. We want to get a minimum of two games where we actually see you play and see how well you get along with us before you are offered a chance to join us officially. During the evaluation process, you do need to demonstrate that you are in fact putting the mandatory kit together. When we aren't on the field together, the forum is where we come together in spirit. It is important to check here regularly to see game updates and any other news that effects the team.

Soldaty are members of TSSR. They are expected to play once a month as a team. It is our goal to do as many team games as possible in our Russian theme, but sometimes that is not possible. Those times we adopt other impressions, usually on Opfor. When we show up at a game, it is important to show uniformity. When we are online, it is important to show solidarity. What does that mean :?: Help each other out! Check on the forums regularly so you can answer questions and give suggestions. Post news if you know something others don't. We help each other on and off the field. It helps foster a deeper bond that just a group of guys who dress alike. Help by sharing information, ideas and supplies.

As a Soldat, you need to remember to keep certain things in mind. Americans have a bad idea of Russian armed forces. So we are the closest thing to an example of the real Soldaty to them. Don't act like a jackass and avoid being a ****-up while wearing the uniform. Uniformity helps us look less like a ragtag and impoverished army that they imagine Russia to have. Also keep in mind that there are players out there who are interested in what we do, they just don't know about us for some reason. So when they see us, we should be at our best. So, even though you are not required to play in Russian kit more than once a month, it helps to consistently wear it to help promote the Russian theme and the team.

If you are a Soldat and can't commit to 1 team game a month and have trouble being on the forum regularly, you should be upfront about it. Becoming a Reservist is OK. This is a hobby, you are not here by law or by contract. But I'm sure if you became a Reservist that we will miss your presence.

We have a Russian language section. You aren't expected to learn everything written there, but you are encouraged to learn some of it. If you are going to curse on the field, it helps to do it Russian.

Russian tactics have been changing for the last 30 years. We will have some team training days to learn some basics as a team. But the most important thing will be to stick together. This often becomes very hard when you are respawning at large games. The more we play together, the more we learn to anticipate each others actions, and function better as a unit.

Joining the team you are taking on additional responsibilities to your new comrades. But you also take on personal responsibilities. It is your responsibility to stay informed. There are consequences for failing to live up the responsibilities that you freely and willingly choose to accept.

Post subject: Re: Act the Part
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:03 pm 
Ryadovoi

Just realized that I've been with TSSR since 2011... Still a Prizivnik. (?) Got the kit(s), participated in games, yet have and issue: can't play once a month (full time Ryadovoy's requirement - see above). Spank, please make me a reservist or something. I'm not too happy being the "eternal "duh"/conscript". Don't wanna be one, don't want to be treated as one. Makes me feel under-appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:25 pm 
Ryadovoi

If it means anything Scar, I was prizivnik from 2008 until 2012

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:32 pm 
Ryadovoi

I guess I just don't get the TSSR rank structure... It's probably should be redirected to a different topic. Current structure states: unless you play every month you stay on the "conscript" slot forever, unless you were lucky enough to serve in Russian armed forces to get the instructor slot. I enjoy playing with you guys, and that what matters. I'd think of some suggestions to Spank to do a reform in TSSR rank structure to indicate those who were with a team for some time. Most of us work and have dependents, so airsoft remains a hobby. An expensive hobby that asks for dedication and commitment. But not on the cost of your family or work/study time. I think since the original rank structure was created a while ago when most of the members had much more time to spare playing a game once/few times a month was not an issue for most.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:47 pm 
Praporshik

You brought up a couple of issues.
Stuff does need to be rejiggered around.
This is something that will be handled in the background.
Unfortunately, I have a growing backlog of stuff to do on this site.
Don't take it personally.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm 
Ryadovoi

I don't.
It's just in any structure/armed forces there is some 'career growth' or call it otherwise. From my understanding 'prizivnik' status on this forum is similar to a 'probation' status at work: you participate in team events, attend games, and get your kit over a certain time frame. Depending on your commitment and compatibility with other team members you get either accepted or laid off. Once you become a team member you obtain some status, whether active or inactive status but as long as you show some activity and interest in team and it's activities you are considered to be a part of it. If you plan to permanently "demob" out, then you declare it and after that you no longer considered to have full time membership. (That is similar to a reserve status only reserves are staying with the team even though unable to attend some events). Etc.

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:00 pm