It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: ГРУ loadout circa 2003
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:57 pm 
Praporshik

ГРУ loadout circa 2003 (50kg of it)

Subtitles are available, and I don't know if this is a Chrome browser option or standard Youtube option, but you can choose to have the subtitles translated.

While being a decade old, I'm sure it is 99% still relevant.
The razgruzka used here is just slightly different from the current version of the 6Ш104. The kidney miscellaneous pouches seem more narrow and have straps on them for the РОП, as opposed to them being inside the side pouches of the butt-pack as the version we typically see. The small ruck they show also looks like a slightly different version of the 6Ш104. It seems to have some extra padded part and two more straps, and they seem to go all the way around.

Laid out seems like three РОП (hand launched signal flares) and what might be a smoke grenade.

Some points of interest is that he is carrying a single canteen. As part of the ВДВ combo mess kit. It isn't mounted on the belt, despite it being in it's own pouch. It is stored in the butt pack, along with one МОН-50. It's like standard issue for a ГРУ rifleman. Perhaps even for the sniper and machine gunner, consider their versions of 6Ш104 all feature the same butt pack. I think next to it is another type of mine, but the narrator doesn't get into it. Also of interesting note, the is brown, not green.

There is some sort of night vision scope that I'm not familiar with. The narrator doesn't get into it.

МПЛ/shovel is the pouch from a Flora РД-54.

Medical equipment includes a tourniquet, bandage packet (both same as from Afghanistan), and in the plastic package I think is the kasinka (medical bandage-bandanna) because I think that is what mine came in. The tubular white packet, I'm not sure what it is, but I can guess that it might be extra gauz, or perhaps syringe. The larger bottle might be iodine. The smaller bottle could be morphine to use with the possible syringe or it could be tablets/pills of some kind.

All the hand grenades shown here are F-1/defensive kind. No RGD-5 or the newer hand grenades. I suppose that in the woods, as opposed to in trenches and rooms, the F-1 does more damage because of the emphasis on fragmentation blast over concussion blast. The sapper carries only two hand grenades, but he carries more explosives. More mines, including a PMN-1 (surprisingly not a PMN-2!). As well as tripe wires, detonation chord, pliers (like ones I have at home!), and other engineer/sapper equipment that I can only make assumptions on. I'm sure that Monah can identify all of it! Probably all the same stuff since the 1990s. There is a small teal and green colored box with a red ribbon on it that looks like a late Soviet photo camera, I wonder what that is! And an orange cylinder that reminds me of an airsoft Tornado grenade.

Post subject: Re: ГРУ loadout circa 2003
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 am 
Ryadovoi

what is ГРУ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:24 am 
Ryadovoi

Schultz98 wrote:
what is ГРУ?

GRU in Cyrillic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glavnoye_Razvedyvatel%27noye_Upravleniye