It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: 103rd VDV Brigade
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:05 pm 
Praporshik

This is a single long video compiled from a couple of different videos.
It is about the 103rd VDV brigade.
They participated in actions from WWII to Afghanistan. It is currently part of the Belorussian Army.
There are lots of interesting things to see from their kits used in Afghanistan and today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ldalb-NzzI

In the contemporary scenes you can see a lot of plum furniture and magazines. You also see the lifchik v2/Poyus A used. They actually refer to it specifically as "Poyus A" by the Belorussians. Also seen used sometimes by Ukrainians during displays in their KLMKs. So this is probably the lifchik razgruzka Monah was referred to in his training.

Russian with no subtitles.

This is just the Afhgan portion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6bBDWL5X2g

Noteworthy:
In the contemporary videos you see a lot of plum furniture and magazines. And even during the kit inspection in Afghanistan you get a clear shot of plum furniture used! I can't really figure out what the officers are wearing during the line up/inspection. Maybe late version jump suits, since they look like overalls, not a parka, and has more pockets than the traditional jump suits I've seen.

You can see them using cups in the field. Fancy watch bands. Eating WHITE :!: bread. You can see a captured Bren machine gun (or the original Czech version of that?)

Can spot some use of the Mabuta Parka.

A presentation of medals with formal line up at an out post. Shiny prayshki worn. Red rank stripes. Cockades on ushunaki. Ranks and cockades can be seen worn on deployed units as well.

I don't see any regular canteens. Or VDV canteens. Only tropical canteens (in pairs). The camera did focus on one guy with some other king of canteen. I don't think it was Soviet, the shape looked like a Chinese canteen. Maybe a battlefield pick-up, that he made a simple khaki cover for.

Don't see any 6B3s on the guys deployed. There are some seen, but they might have been part of the command staff or something.

Some sort of auto loading artillery is seen in use. That was cool.

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm