It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:44 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: Op: Pathfinder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:49 am 
Praporshik

I've only watched the first clip that I filmed from this event. Might be good stuff, but I don't know yet.

In the mean time, here are the few photos we took and some photos of the other guys that put some effort into their Muj kits.

This one I took.
We finally recaptured this position and had some down time. Decided to take advantage of the set up for a machine gun nest photo. The 1919 is just a wooden prop. The RPK is DHS's beautiful monster. But was just as useless at that point because it was out of ammo by that point in the day because it was out of ammo.

DHS had switched to my AKMS because it seemed like the PKM was running out of juice.

This is from our first deployment that day. We were laying in wait for the ISAF and ANA patrol to pass. DHS manages to totally obscure himself with that blanket. Just for the ****** to lay out in front of him with a white sheet and an orange tip.

This is from closer to the end of the day. Our village was under another siege/raid by ISAF and ANA disorganized gaggle. DHS was killing it with my AKMS with bayonet mounted, I picked up the PKM. The battery had a chance to reset, or something, because it was working fine at that point. But it was running low on ammo. So I wasn't hosing as much as earlier. I'm holding down main street here. Not sure if you can tell from these vantage points but I'm in a proper firing position with most of my body tucked behind the building.
I tried to crop these photos to try to best convey the length of that main street. It was longer to the right, and more houses after the church ('Mosque' at this game). And the writing on the right in one of the frames helps add flavor. You can also see down the street brothers clearing the houses or engaging through the houses.

I'm disappointed there aren't any of me showing off my full Muj kit. Or a group photo of all the guys who came properly kitted for this.

Post subject: Re: Op: Pathfinder
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:17 pm 
Ryadovoi

We went through so much ammo that day, especially Roman on the RPK with the M120 spring in it to get below field limits, that thing was firing so fast. I wish I had snapped some pictures, I need to upload the video I got on my phone. Idk what was up with the PKM, maybe the motor got hot, because when I went to recharge the battery, it had plenty of juice left in it.

The patun blanket was great for camouflage, until we had to run through the thorns, that was impossible. I'd do Afghan gear again in a winter game, somewhere without tons of thorns though, and no walk-ons wearing white bed sheets.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:20 pm 
Ryadovoi

Annoying, unprepared walkons at a Zulu game? That's unpossible!
Glad you guys enjoyed it and got rock some non-standard gear. Roman on a machine gun must have been a sight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:24 am 
Praporshik

Bed sheets is only a little bit better than shower curtains.

What bothers me more than the unprepared and walk-on players isn't that there were guys who took photos of our well prepared kit, and have not shared them. And vidoes.

Speaking of videos, I've watched all the stuff I've shot. The good news is that my angles were not aweful. The sky was beautiful that day! More importantly my camera works! All the video plays back. So it was just a problem with the first 32g memory card I bought, not the camera. Some of the video is actually somewhat intersting to watch. Only "somewhat" because DHS' epic machine guns with fantastic range put our targets too far out to make out in the video. And that was for when we actually knew where exactly our targets were. During some of the more up close and exciting moments, I did forget to turn my camera on. I'm still new to this! But, I did catch the part where the grenade went off right next to the kid's face!

I don't really want to post a bunch if clips. And I want to cut down some scenes. Hopefully my Adobe Premier works. Last time it wouldn't let me import the clips I wanted to work on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:11 am 
DOSAAF

I feel like browsing this thread put me on yet another watch list.

http://www.operationeastwind.com
"Not because it is easy..."
Like & Follow Op:EW on Facebook

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:44 pm