It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:52 am
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: Memorabilia Wall
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:38 pm 
Praporshik

So I was planning on making those "brazzards" to use with Afghanka so I could wear patches on it with out modifying a historical uniform. Time was tight and shipping of the supplies took longer than it should have, so it never got done. So I had like 2 or 3 feet of 4 inch wide Velcro loop fabric, just laying around. With the urgency for those brazzards being much less urgent, and my event swag/memorabilia piling up, I decided to do something with it.

Super duper easy project. I stapled it to the inside of the frame of my 'War Closet' door. The fabric was just a little bit wider than the width of the frame, but not a big deal.
This is just from the last 3 years. I have a cork board at my parent's place with my older swag/memorabilia. This also doesn't include my patches that don't have Velcro hook backing. I plan on eventually bringing that board over and hanging it in the center of the door. Over there will be all the non-velcro stuff.

I'm thinking of getting a couple more of these 4" by a couple of feet wide Velcro loop fabric and adding it on the parallel frame and on the top frame.

The fabric is available on eBay for like $2~3 shipped for 12"x4" and just a couple of staples along the edges to secure it.

Super. Duper. Easy.

Post subject: Re: Memorabilia Wall
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:53 pm 
Praporshik

So, I finally got around to bringing over my cork board from my parents place to my apartment. A couple of screws put into my wooden door by hand, and I hung it up. This one actually fit. I got this board probably over 10 years ago from an office I worked in.

I got it hung up and decided to rearrange the patches on the velcro strip. The idea was to bunch of stuff categorically. While it is split up between velcro and non-velcro backed stuff.

I've got a cluster for Monty's events. And a row of events that took place in Ft. Drum. I also have a Bad Blood cluster.

Doing this brought a fun nostalgic spell for me. As much as I love the official event swag, the player made event swag holds an extra special place for me.

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:52 am