It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:49 am
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: Making your own gear.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:09 pm 
Alright, while browsing google images last night I found a pretty cool picture.

Some rebel-tyoe lookin' dude holding a mix'n'match AK, nothing special right?

Oh yes there is! I stared at the picture for a while, trying to figure out wtf he was wearing.

I looked even closer, and the vest began to look like a BDU top!

And it was, with the sleeves cut off and a bunch of pouches sewn on.

However stupid me didnt save the picture, but thankfully i dont really need it.

So, in short, im going to be making my own LBV

Sorry, no pictures at the moment because i dont have a camera.

I'll be using a Czech BDU top, because it was dirt cheap and I have 2 more.

Also, it has a shitton of pockets already+a drawstring waist.

2 pockets on the back already just so happen to fit 2 canteens perfectly, and the 2 chest pockets hold 2 AK74 mags with ease.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=223026 --Bdu top.

As for extra pouches, i'm not to sure yet. Cheaper than dirt has some offbeat pouches and such, but i'm still looking.

Anyone else interested in making there own gear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:14 am 
Praporshik

I was actually considering modding my Flora vest into a simple tactical vest. Its a regular M88 in Flora sans sleeves, that I have used to make a helmet cover.

I'd like to see what you make.

Czech BDU's have back pockets? Like the type of pockets on the 6B3/4 vests and V95?

I've seen on R-A a great home made replica of a liftchik, not the Kyber Pass style liftchik.

And on mp.net there is a DIY thread in the airsoft/paintball section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:52 pm 
thanks Spank, just found the thread now.
however, most of the stuff is just homemade molle tactilol vest type stuff :(
but still pretty cool!

linkage http://militaryphotos.net/forums/showth ... 380&page=4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 pm 
found a good site in that thread--

http://www.diytacticalstore.com/catalog/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 am 
Praporshik

Did your home-made LBV project ever take off the ground?

Friday night I actually did make my own piece of kit. From the previously mentioned M88 I used for parts I made a Flora radio pouch.

I used the sleeve pocket fabric for the main body. It was just enough to wrap into itself and hold my Motorola. Actually wide enough to hold it with my head set cable plugged in, and still have a little room for something bigger, and not too tight to put in and out.

I also used parts from a pistol mag holster that came on my UTG Crossdraw pistol belt. I took it apart down to each individual component of that holster. From those parts I used the canvas and plastic snaps. That is what secures the radio inside the pouch. On the rear of the pouch I used the thick nylon pieces to make a reinforced part for the ALICE clip to attach it to my 6Sh92 belt.

I'm rather proud of myself. The only thing I would like to have added would be a drainage hole. But I'm not able to install a proper one, and I don't want to just put in a sloppy cut out hole that might lead to future tearing.

The sleeves from that M88 have been used as my helmet cover that I used at the first game at Matty's Mudpit. Still not officially completed though. If I officially completed I won't be able to switch it between my replica PASGT and my SSh68. And I am considering getting a MICH2000 since it looks closer to a 6P7, so that will mean I have to finish my cover differently for that.

I would love to have taken pictures of all of this, but I don't have a working camera. Will accept donations of cash and cameras.

Looking at my raggedy VSR canteen pouch, I'm considering making my own out of the leftover M88.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:48 pm 
Instruktor

I just re-saw botton on my VDV messkit pouch. Now I can close it with one hand (it was too tight and I always had to ask someone to close it for me)

Post subject: Re: Making your own gear.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:39 am 
Discharged

My winter project this year is to make a one of a kind Home made replica of a Russian body armor.... the 6B5 or 6B13. All I am going to need is A flora or VSR uniform and some styrofoam.... Roman, would it be possible for you to post the dimensions of your armor cover?
What I am working on right now is just as interesting. I am making a 1 of a kind home made vest, as seen in afghanistan and chechnya, It will likely be based off of the 2nd version lifchik, but made to fit me better as a soldier... Capable of carrying more magazines, and possibly even a ruck sack.
let me know what you all think!

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:49 am