It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: "I Have Honor" film
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:55 am 
Praporshik

Here's another miniseries that takes place in Chechnya Part II.
The title roughly translates to "I Have Honor" or "Have Honor"
Which is part of the VDV credo and also something exhibited by Chechen.

The events take place in 2000. The series was filmed in 2004.
I think this might have been my first time actually watching this series.
Unfortunately, this version does not feature subtitles, so no closed captioning/subtitles.
This one follows a VDV unit. You get to see lots of Flora usage and AKS74s, with 6B3/4/5 and steel pots. Like in Thunder Gates. Makes me want to throw together a similar kit for an event. There is also use of Splav brand vests, like the M23 Pioneer and M32 Tarzan. This one isn't heavy on flashbacks like Thunder Gates, but it does feature stuff in camp (which is nice to see from an East Wind perspective) and a slice of Russian civilian life right after the 1990s.

Much like the Thunder Gates series, and 9th Company, you have the final battle with massive casualties.

There was a scene there which seemed weird to me. When they were doing a joint mission with VV/Internal Forces, that Georgian desantnik was all like super impressed with them. And they were showing off their trophies to him. I don't know, just seems backwards to me.

The combat choreography seemed bad here. But soldier life and stuff they had to deal with and how they dealt with it seemed legit. From the perspective of an outsider who has a rudimentary understanding of it.

That camp life really took me back to East Wind. The little things, like the inner flaps of the tents, the rolled up outer flaps of the windows. The chess set like the one I brought to the last East Wind I attended. Stuff hanging inside the tents between the poles along the walls.

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm