It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 am
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject: D.I.Y Rocket Launcher
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:33 pm 
Prizivnik

While I'm waiting for that replacement RPG from Evike I started some other projects. After viewing some home made launchers on the web I started to make my own.
These are some of the sites I visted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXd8yu9wq8
http://www.rockstartactical.com/product ... 2g-kit.htm
http://legvi.tripod.com/armamentarium/id107.html

Picked up supplies at Home Depot
Put them together

All the PVC is 2" and the pipe is 3/4 NPT.The end adapter is 3/4 to 1/2 npt NPT and this is where the 12 gram CO2 adapter goes. I found some on ebay for $10.I'm using a 4" expansion chamber. I can change the length if range is not good. Until the CO2 adapters come in I can't use it .

This is my next project. I got this on ebay for cheap. It's from Soul of the warrior. Kit was short CO2 adapter they are sending it me me

Post subject: Re: D.I.Y Rocket Launcher
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:08 pm 
Praporshik

All these potato canons that I have seen are not in line. They always have some sort of 'U' turn.
Is that a physics/engineering necessity? Why can't the tank and the barrel be in line to go inside of a straight tube?

Most of the РПГ-7В replica's tube is empty waste of space. It would be neat to house a tank back there and a trigger mechanism that goes around the replica's trigger mech, so the replica's trigger can hit the real trigger. And use a hollow tube with a fake rocket head that is used as a barrel and storage for a Nerf round (cut out in fake warhead so Nerf can fly out). Similar to the version used at East Wind, but instead of 40mm shell, the propellant is in the tube. Is that feasible?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 am 
Prizivnik

I curved it up so it would be more compact. The toy LAW conversion will be straight with the end of the CO2 adapter sticking out. http://legvi.tripod.com/armamentarium/id89.html
I think the more pipe the less velocity , I might be wrong. I know if you use all 1/2 inch pipe it will be more powerful.
These Mortars that use CA tanks are cool. http://legvi.tripod.com/armamentarium/id75.html
The replica RPG's use a body tube that's about 1 1/2 inch so they look real but that tube wont fit a nerf rocket.The two inch tube is whats needed. I know nothing about paint ball markers, but there might be a way to use the internals of one to do what you want, Or make a bazooka with bigger pipe and stick the main components a paint ball gun inside so you can use that pistol grip and trigger, the tank can be hidden in the rear part of the tube. If a coupler is used without the glue the pipe the covers the tank can be taken off to swap tanks

Check on those links for the M73, That is straight and might do for a starting point

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:29 am 
Praporshik

Interesting stuff. I like that some of them each shot is powered by an entire CO2 cartridge. It would make each Faux Rocket lighter, and easier to maintain. And for go the need to add extra parts to the rear of the actual RPG tube. Which is heavy as is empty.

The Nerf Vortex and Pocket Howler fits into there if you squeeze and twist it in. Which helps create a seal around the round. Maybe too tight, which is why at East Wind they tape down the round to reduce it's diameter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:45 am 
Prizivnik

My nerf rockets fit perfect in the 2" PVC, I figured I'd shave some down for the RPG but I like your tape down Idea better. The CA tanks would be a good option for a small cannon or mortar since they are indirect fire weapons and will not be carried around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 pm 
Prizivnik

Law rocket is done. Shoots real far and looks cool so I'm calling this one a win.

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 am