It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:42 pm 
Discharged

hahaha check the swearing section.
I figure anything abusive should go in there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:45 pm 
DOSAAF

What about
"Two chechen prostitutes please,Mr. Drago?"

--Requested by garrett

Post subject: Re: Basic Russian
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:48 pm 
Instruktor

Barviha (Барвиха)- common name in Russia for VSR pattern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 am 
DOSAAF

Ladies and Gentlemen, EW Admin approved Russian Language Reference:

http://bunkerseeds.com/RussianLanguageReference.pdf

Huge thanks to Devil Doc, leader of Team MIR and EW-IV 1st Section Sergeant for correcting what Google Translate provided me.

It started as an effort to get common "Tactical" words in English, Russian, and a Phonetic Pronunciation all on one convenient card. Through revision by Devil Doc, discussion with Tascabe, and 4-5 hours of my Saturday Afternoon (for the last 2 Saturdays) our efforts have collimated in the guide above.

The guide is intended to be duplexed, as in 1 sheet of paper printed on both sides. Most computers will let you print one page, flip the paper, then print the next page. It's up to you to get it right, LOL!

The front page (Page 1 in the PDF) is organized by what I feel to be the more common and useful words. Since it's been proven with hard facts and historical evidence that the Russians do not use SOI as we know it, in an effort to keep our open comms semi-secure, we can simply start transmitting in Russian. Granted, broken sentences with no adherence to the rules of gender, grammar, tense, or even any indication of singular or plural. As mentioned to Team MIR, it was my hope to get us English only types up from "Total Illiterate" to "Mentally Challenged" level of Russian Language competence, LOL!

The front page sections include:

Kindergarten Russian (Yes, No, Please, Thank You, You're Welcome, Good Morning, Good Night, Sunny, Rainy, Crappy, etc)

RTO: (Received, Over, Copy/Understood, Say Again, etc)

STOLI: (Size, Time, Observations, Location, Intent. I also include the Russian Phonetic Names next to each section, so the RTO doesn't have to look them up. The RTO can choose to transmit each section title in Russian, or Russian Phonetic, to throw off any evesdropping NATO types!)

Combat Russian: (Directions, Fire/Cease Fire, Common Objects like Sniper, Machine Gun, Rifle, Pistol, Land Mine, Grenade, and basic words to use around prisoners, such as Prisoner, Hands Up, Stop, Go, etc)

Proper Nouns: (East/West Germans, British, American, Soviet, NATO, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Vehicles, Objects, Objective, Rally Point, etc)

The 2nd page, or the back, if printed properly is intended to be a reference, and to help further efforts to "Have SOI without having SOI". A very useful reference, and, worse case scenario, you can spell any English Word using a bastardized Russian Phonetic Alphabet:

Formal Military Russian: (Ranks "Good Morning, Tovarish X" Yes Sir, No Sir)

Numbers: (Zero to 1 Million, and a few useful ones in between)

English Phonetic Alphabet in Russian: (This one is an interesting section. I took the 26 letters of the English Alphabet, and what letters and sounds are the same in the Russian Alphabet, I used, so Anna, Boris, Center, Dimitri, Elena, instead of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, for example. A few letters do not directly translate into Russian sounds, so close equivalents were used, accepted international equivalents from the HAM Radio community were used, and W is simply the Russian word for Whiskey.)

Last, but not least: Phrases: (A few short but useful phrases to shout at the Enemy or the Cook Staff, as appropriate!) Also, I use "Vodka" as slang for the STOLI report, so one of the phrases allow you to Ask for or Receive "Vodka" telling the RTO on the other end that you'd like, or are about to send, a STOLI report.

Hope you folks find this helpful! I enjoyed making it, and will probably update the above link with any minor edits I make. I know i'm looking to bold, or capitalize the stressed syllable in the phonetic pronunciation, but that might take a skype session with Devil Doc just to hear it being spoken right.

Either or, Enjoy!

http://www.operationeastwind.com
"Not because it is easy..."
Like & Follow Op:EW on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 am 
DOSAAF

Fifty пятьдесят Pyat-desyat - in Soviet Army as usually used not fifty but half100 it sounded some like pol-sotny or pol-sta полсотни/полста
Я полсотни первый - Ya pol-sotny perviy - I am 51-st
"Гранит" полста второму - Gruneet pol-sta vtoromu - *classik radio talks* callsign "Granite" advertising to 52-d (but, if this phrase first, it meaning 52-d calling callsign "Granite")
By the way, Roger - Принял - Preenyal

882-d a separate battalion, 810-th "Of a name of the 60th anniversary of the formation of the USSR" separate brigade of marine infantry the black sea naval fleet USSR.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:05 pm 
Instruktor

Virgin- sleng: tselka. Normal- dev-st-ven-nitsa.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:10 pm 
Instruktor

Left- levo
Right- pravo.

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 pm