It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm
All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
You are a guest in the home of T.S.S.R.

You can only see what Moscow has deemed acceptable for you to see.

Soldaty and Friends of T.S.S.R. see more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Armory
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:44 am 
Prizivnik

Refinished my Cyma 048, looks a lot better now.
Before
After

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 pm 
Praporshik

Looking lovely! I hated that out of the box blonde looking wood.

Thanks to you, I got that Picitany sight leaf replacement to use on the AMD-65.
If you guys don't recall, the original sight leaf fell off about half way through my first time fielding it. I really didn't want to invest money into this rifle, since I didn't plan on keeping it. But since I plan on attending Fallout/Wasteland event, I figured this would look pretty out of the ordinary already, so I would use it. My short hollowsight (Aimpoint? I don't remember what's what) fights just over the RIS space, with no real space left over. I like that. If I really wanted, I can off sit it a bit, to mount some sort of BB shield.

I decided to spend the money on this unit because the cheaper airsoft ones were out of stock. And This helped aiming easier and higher. Since I plan on using this for Fallout/Wasteland, I intend to be waring a gas mask, so this optic became a necessity. And even if I end up getting rid of this rifle, I can still use this on my AKMS if I get that odd impulse.

To further enhance the Sci-Fi feel of this rifle for Fallout/Wasteland, I intend to replace the current muzzle break with a PBS-4. It's shape is very unique, and the uninformed have no idea what it's actually supposed to be. The current muzzle break is a plastic one which is held in place by a regular AK sight piston which is glued into place. No doubt the threads of the muzzle break are also glued. And there seems to be a pin also holding it in place. It's definitely not a hex grub screw, I've tried to unscrew it already. I'm considering hacking it off and replacing it with the AMD-65 airsoft muzzle break which Scar bought years ago. If he still has it.

To further enhance the Sci-Fi feel, I was considering using my new 5.56x45 mags. Since they are unusual looking. Or borrow the autowinding drum from ElChulo/DonChulo, to give it a more of Thompson Chicago Typewriter feel. Or just run my RPK midcap. Or RPK74 hicap.

Oh, those mags I mentioned!
My AK-104 is now an AK-102!
They are pretty cool. You can see through them, to see how much ammo you have left. This is based off of a Bulgarian aftermarket magazine. Would be very cool if Russia adopts something like this for the AK-12 family.

I don't really know for which purpose I'll end up using these mags. Hard to imagine anything except a Mercenary role or some American soil insurgent impression. According to DHS, they are supposed to be really good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:09 am 
Ryadovoi

Looks great, Spank!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:47 pm 
Prizivnik

My new KWA MKV -Makarov- After I mess with it I'll do a review.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:08 pm 
Ryadovoi

Where did you order it from?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:16 am 
Prizivnik

I got it from MIR tactical ,they were the only place that had the spare mags for sale. I paid 172 for the gun with one spare mag got free shipping. I ran 5 mags though it and it seems good,I did strip the gun and lube it as the slide seemed a little tight. Chrono'ed at 284 w/.20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:55 pm 
Prizivnik

Had my RPK converted to a Iraqi Tabuk, maybe now I'll use it more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm